Switzerland: Travelling by rail through the Swiss Alps has never been so luxurious. The Glacier Express offers an unforgettable journey – from Engadin right to the Matterhorn. As the train passes through the dazzling St. Moritz to sophisticated Zermatt, it delights travelers with scenic attractions and state-of-the-art technical achievements. With its ultra large panoramic windows, the Glacier Express opens up unobstructed views of unique landscapes.
The Glacier Express, which winds through the stunning valley of the Swiss Alps, promises an experience of a lifetime by combining luxury train travel with the most enchanted scenery
The Glacier Express is one among the finest railway experiences to be had anywhere in the world thanks to the breathtaking views and gastronomic delights served on-board. Enjoy heavenly bliss while passing through 91 tunnels and over 291 bridges. The panoramic journey through the Swiss Alps aboard the Glacier Express is now even more spectacular with the new premium Excellence Class.
Journeys can be had from either direction, winter or summer and the coach can accommodate 20 passengers per journey. The new premium Excellence Class on the Glacier Express presents a modern design where guests are treated to personal service and culinary highlights.
Indulge in a five-course meal accompanied by the choicest of beverages while relaxing in your guaranteed window seat! The journey has been dubbed the world’s slowest express. And now, thanks to the Excellence Class, you spend the eight hours travelling in the most luxurious setting.
To book contact your RailEurope Agent.
For more information log on to: MySwitzerland.com/Glacierexpress
- Matterhorn glacier paradise – a view of French, Italian and Swiss mountain giants from a vantage point of almost 4000m
- Gornergrat – a view onto the Matterhorn and 28 other 4000m high peaks from a vantage point of 3131m
- Rhine Gorge – Exploring the ‘Grand Canyon’ of Switzerland between Ilanz and Reichenau on foot, by bike or by rafting boat
- Lake Sils – at 1800m, Europe’s highest altitude regular scheduled passenger boat service
- Corvatsch – the eastern Alpine region’s highest altitude summit station at 3303m. A paradise for skiers and hikers